Bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets can all sting. Most stings are caused by yellow jackets. Stings cause painful red bumps right away. Most of the time, the pain is better in 2 hours. The sting could keep swelling for 48 hours and last for up to 7 days.
If your child was stung many times, your child may vomit or have diarrhea, a headache, and a fever. This is because of the large amount of venom from the stings.
Stings can also cause an allergic reaction. If your child is allergic, your child may find it hard to breathe or swallow. Your child could pass out or get hives all over. You should call 911 or your doctor right away if this happens.