Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I need a school excuse note or a revised school excuse note. 

A: For help with an excuse note click here


Q: I need referral help.

A: Please visit our Referral page for more information


Q: I need help with a prescription refill.

A: Please visit our Prescription Refills page for more information


Q: I have a form that needs completed.

A:  You can submit your request for a form on our website here.  If the form needs to be the original copy, please bring it into the office on your next visit.


Q:  I need a copy of my immunization/shot record.

If you are registered at our portal you can access and print the record from there.  If you are not registered please call our Medical Records dept at 494-2223 x321


Q: I need a copy of my medical records.

A:  We need your written authorization to release medical records.  Complete a release form and fax it to us at (210) 494 - 2631, or email it , or drop it off in person at either office.  We will complete your request just as soon as possible, but within the 14 days required by law.  Also be aware that you may be charged for these records.


Q:  I need a copy of my lab result.

A:  Visit our Lab and X-Ray Results page for information on receiving lab results.


Q:  I want to leave my doctor a message.

A:  You will need to leave a message for the doctor with the nurses, through the nurse line.  Give us your child’s name and date of birth, your name, a phone number where we can contact you, and the general nature of your question.  Your doctor will return your call between patients, over the lunch hour, after last patient, or upon their return to the office if they are out for any reason.


Q:  I registered for the patient portal and received this message:  "You do not have the authority to see any patients"

A: This message can generate for many reason, typically it is because we need to complete your registration on our end.  Please contact us.


Q: My child has a fever after receiving a shot.

A:Please visit our What to do after the shots page for step-by-step instructions to help your child feel better as quickly as possible.


Q:  My child is not tolerating the sample medication we received.

A:  A change in medication requires a doctor’s order.  You will need to leave a message on the nurse line.  Give us your child’s name and date of birth, your name, a phone number where we can contact you, and the name of the medication that is not being tolerated.  As soon as the nurse gets an order, it will be sent directly to your pharmacy.


Q: My insurance is changing.

A:  Confirm that we are in network with your new plan by visiting our Insurance Page, or checking with your insurance company directly.  You can communicate with a member of our insurance team by logging on to the patient portal.


Q:  My address/phone is changing.

A: .  It is important to notify us when you have a change in address, because your insurance claim will not be paid if our records disagree.  It is very important to notify us when your phone number changes because our doctors and staff need to be able to reach you quickly if they need to.


Q:  I forgot when my appointment is.

A:  You can view your up coming appointments on the Portal


Q:  I need to cancel an appointment.

A:  If you wish to reschedule at the same time, call the appointment desk.  If you do not need to reschedule, you can log onto the portal and send an email to the appointment desk.  Include your child’s name, date of birth, and the date/time of the appointment you wish to cancel.  Please note that appointments not cancelled with a 24 hour notice are subject to a no show fee of $15.


Q:  I have a complaint or a compliment.

A:  We are always happy to hear compliments about our staff, doctors or services.  You can email your compliment to our Office Manager.  For any concern you have about the medical care you receive from us, or with any member of our staff, or with any policy or procedure at the practice, we appreciate your input and feedback.  Please know that every complaint or concern we receive is addressed, to ensure that we are doing everything we can, and to make improvements whenever possible.  You can send your concern in writing to the practice, attention Whitney Fields, Practice Administrator, or email, or call Whitney at 210.499-6452.


Q: I have a health question about my child.

A:  Visit our Pediatric Advisor, where you can find health information on hundreds of pediatric-related topics.
During business hours, leave a message on the nurse line; a nurse will call you back as soon as possible.
After hours, call the Methodist Hospital Ask-A-Nurse program (22-NURSE).

Girl Graphic

Secure access and communication regarding your child’s medical information.


About the Portal

Health information and advice on hundreds of topics that are of interest to our patients and parents.